Building on Faith
“Faith must become more than a verbal proclamation. True Faith must be acted out.”
So said Habitat for Humanity founder, Millard Fuller, a millionaire who gave away his fortune to build homes alongside families in need. Today, Millard Fuller’s vision of putting faith into action is carried out by hundreds of churches, synagogues, mosques and other faith institutions that volunteer, fundraise, and pray for every family to have a safe, decent, affordable place to call home. In fact, our faith community remains one of our strongest resources and the core of Habitat Chesapeake’s work raising $250,000 annually.
Build on Your Faith with Habitat Chesapeake
There are many ways faith-based organizations can engage with Habitat for Humanity of the Chesapeake. See below and help us build more homes, communities & hope for families across Central Maryland!
Join an Interfaith Coalition
Groups like the Uptown Metro Coalition, the Episcopal Coalition and Anne Arundel Interfaith Coalition not only give generously but supply dozens of volunteers every month. Altogether, these groups have sponsored 15 houses in the West Baltimore neighborhood of Sandtown, rehabilitated/built 22 beautiful homes on Clay Street in Anne Arundel County, and most recently supported two homes in the Woodbourne-McCabe neighborhood of Baltimore City. For more information on joining one of these interfaith coalitions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Other Ways to Help
- Invite Habitat Chesapeake to speak at a service, committee meeting or youth group
- Schedule a volunteer opportunity on a construction site or in one of our ReStores
- Donate a collection from one service or become a monthly donor
- Seek in-kind donations of construction materials and services
- Walk with us on a tour through one of our neighborhoods to see the work first-hand
- Promote Habitat’s homebuying program to potential partner families
- Advocate for affordable and inclusive housing in your community
Please contact Volunteer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved!