DONATE A CAR
Did you know car donations are just one more way you can support our work at Habitat for Humanity Chesapeake? Donating your car may also be tax deductible, and you can complete the process in 3 easy steps.
We accept cars, trucks, vans, RV’s, boats and motorcycles, whether they are running or not.
Why should I donate my car to Habitat for Humanity?
- All net proceeds from the sale of your donated vehicle will come directly to Habitat for Humanity Chesapeake and help local families in our communities.
- You may qualify for a tax deduction for donating a vehicle.
- It’s fast and easy. Learn more about how vehicle donations work.
- Taking an inefficient older car off the road helps save gas and improves air quality.
How do I donate my car in Maryland?
You can donate your vehicle in 3 easy steps:
- Start your donation online by navigating to our donation wizard, or call our hotline: 1-877-277-4344
- Our team will ask you to provide such as vehicle make, model, vehicle identification number (VIN) and current mileage.
- If your vehicle is accepted, you can schedule your car to be picked up.
What paperwork do I need to donate my car in Maryland?
Maryland requires a Certificate of Title in order to donate your car. To complete your car donation to Habitat for Humanity Chesapeake, you will need to fill out your vehicle title accordingly: 1) enter the name of the agency that processes our car donations, ADVANCED REMARKETING SERVICES in the buyer/purchaser field; 2) PRINT and SIGN your name in the seller/owner field EXACTLY as it appears at the top of the title.
Habitat for Humanity International provides management of the Cars for Homes program and will notify your local affiliate about your gift upon completion of the donation. Please note, all contributions are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.