Construction Program Manager
Habitat for Humanity of the Chesapeake is seeking a full-time construction program manager to oversee all aspects of our volunteer construction process.
Responsibilities include the management of multiple construction projects per year. Primary duties include supervising construction staff, directing and training skilled and unskilled volunteers, directing and monitoring subcontractors, developing construction schedules, ordering materials and scheduling inspections. Candidate will work closely with the Chief Operating Officer and Construction Team to improve our building process and implement plan to successfully increase production.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Have thorough knowledge of Habitat’s mission and communicate this to volunteers, donors and construction professionals.
- Work with the Volunteer Manager to properly plan for needed volunteers.
- Manage staff, Site Supervisors, and provide training as needed.
- Promote a safe and hazard free work space.
- Create and maintain job schedules and project files.
- Create and maintain project budgets with the Construction Manager and Chief Operating Officer.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- A strong background in residential construction.
- The ability to teach the construction process and techniques to unskilled volunteers and developing staff.
- Proficiency with computers including use of email, Microsoft office and Microsoft project.
- Experience in a supervisor role.
- As absolute commitment to job safety.
- Relevant certificates and licenses such as OSHA 30 or Habitat Competent Person, CPR and First Aid.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Mission: Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat for Humanity of the Chesapeake brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
For full job description details click here.
To apply please send resume to [email protected]/