Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat for Humanity of the Chesapeake brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
A world in which everyone has a decent place to live.
- Providing a hand up, not a hand out to low-income families
- Partnership of volunteers and partner families
- Opportunity for low income individuals and families
- Hope for our communities
- Dignity for volunteers and partner families
- Respect for others
- Integrity in planning and operations
Around the World
Habitat for Humanity International’s Tithe program allows local affiliates to eliminate poverty housing not only at home, but also abroad. Habitat Chesapeake is proud to contribute to the millions of dollars sent by Habitat affiliates each year to foreign communities in need of decent housing. Since Habitat Chesapeake’s inception in 1982, we have tithed more than $800,000, serving more than 260 families internationally.
Local tithing opportunities are available through our recurring gift program. Please visit the Recurring Gifts page for more details.